Pages

30 december 2011

baby girl baptism

I had to have a break from snowmen, santas, tinsel and wrapping paper, and decided it was perfect time to make the card for Ebba's baptism. It ended up very very pink....
 For the front I used a border punch with cute little hearts, a greeting stamp and big bold bow threaded through the card. (Yep, I did trim the ends before giving it away, seems I was in a bit of a hurry to take these pics ;))

 A really sweet paper for this card. With the delicate flower branches it needed only very little effort to look stunning, so I just enhanced the twigs with a thouch of ice stickles in crystal and pink. To match the bold-colored bow I matted the greeting with a cherry paper, again with the heart shaped border.

For the chrisom I tried something I've thought about since I made the wedding dress card (Here comes the bride[card]); to make a chrisom with the same technique. :) I soon discovered it needed a few adjustments as I went along, but the original idea is still there with the folded skirt (even though you can't see it in these photos).

The pink petticoat is stamped with a floral swirl, then heat embossed in Bridal for that shimmering look. For the hemline a touch of ice stickles. The vellum dress is open to reveal the petticoat. For the borders I used a pair of pattern scissors and then the tip of a pen to make the dots....wich aren't that visible here...naja. You can see the glittering twigs a bit in this pic though.

I needed something to draw attention to the chrisom without taking over the card, so I made the dress "fall out" from a small chipboard frame. A flower sticker in the same color as the bow looks nice on the top, and pearls are always pretty (and covers up the joint between the top and bottom part of the dress).  

Cute, huh? :)

I'm also entering in the following blog challenges:
Simon says stamp - Anything goes
Aud sentiments - Anything goes
Top tip tuesday - Anything goes
Charismacardz - Anything goes
Secret crafter - Anything goes

8 kommentarer:

  1. How gorgeous! Love all the pearly accents and the fancy folds! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    SvaraRadera
  3. I LOVE this! The papers and design are great. I absolutely adore that gown! So pretty.

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    SvaraRadera
  4. Oh very very pretty! Loving that big bow; and the dress is just AWESOME! Aint it cool how we can see things that need to be fixed when we are posting our cards.

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday.

    Hugs and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    SvaraRadera
  5. Ohhhh i love PINK! Love how it opens and the girliness of it :)

    Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz,best of luck!

    SvaraRadera
  6. what a cute idea! i love the vellum to create the sheer layer of the dress - too pretty! thanks so much for sharing your sweet little creation with the Charisma Galz, and happy new year! :)

    SvaraRadera
  7. This looks fab. Love the style of the card & the dress is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    SvaraRadera
  8. Thank you for taking part in this weeks 'Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge'
    Hugs Sonia xx

    SvaraRadera

If you find the time to leave a wee comment I'll adore you forever!! ;) Your comments means the world to me, thank you all for sending a little love my way. :)