Pages

16 januari 2012

Sunshine in a bag

As promised, no more christmas.  So how about I give you sunshine in a bag? It's just about time for some spring feelings. :)

I've got these adorable little plastic bags/boxes whatever you call it, and I just felt I needed to do something where I used the fact that they are transparent. 
 I came up with this 3D-look that I think turned out pretty nice. What do you think? ;)
The super-duper cute birdies are a see-through puffy sticker I've been longing to use but never found the right place for, until now. The row of flowers are cut from a scrap paper piece, and on top of that some sort of semi-transparent nylon flower, with a brad center.

I used various papers from my "leftover"-stash to create the backdrop. The sky already had clouds on it, but I added a few more, plus a cutout cloud for depth. For the sun a "check me out"-yellow and a bit of "spot on"-green as grass. ;)

I added a cloud and a hot air balloon to the front because I didn't want the knots to show...and I also had a little mishap with the cloud so now the front is all bubbly... :( Naja, happens.
Anyway. Later I found that the front cloud added a really cool effect to the whole thing, see? Ooh I like it when these things happen, unintentionally.

So, this is the back. I just cannot leave it with a white side facing out, so I added this sky piece with a pink birdie. Almost looks like it's saying something with the beak open like that, but I never found out exactly what....


I'm entering my bag in the following challenges:

Whoopsi Daisy - Anything but square
Dream Valley - Anything goes
One stop craft - Spots and ribbon





13 kommentarer:

  1. Wow that has really transformed the bags. Lovely & thanks for joining us at Dream Valley

    SvaraRadera
  2. Love, love , love this! Wow, all the years that I taught elementary school I carried around all kinds of tote bags. None of them where ever this cute. I adore the way you added the transparent stickers and played up the "see through" factor. It gives a cohesive layered look. I always love happy accidents like the cloud. (That's how I come up with some of my best ideas :)
    I have way too many projects going on right now, but suddenly I want to abandon them all and make something like this. LOL Thanks for sharing your creative idea.

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot,com

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Wow Jani, thank you! You always give SO sweet comments! :)

      Radera
  3. WOW!!!!! You could have a huge market for these! It is adorable!!!!!

    Thankyou for sharing this project with us at the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge blog (remember that only entries using Whoopsi Daisy images are put in the draw for prizes)

    This is one remarkable and gorgeous project.
    xoxox Carly

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You think? :O Wow, thanks!! :) (and yes, I'm aware of that rule. No problem, I'm not in it for the money LOL) :)

      Radera
  4. Thank you for your entry your bag is lovely, however it doesn’t follow our guide lines so won’t be eligible for the Top 3. Thank you for joining us this time at Whoopsi Daisy and hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hi Christine,
      and thank you! I'm aware that my entry isn't eligible for the top 3. :)

      Radera
  5. Simply adorable your bag!!
    Thanks a lot for joining us at TSM challenge.
    Hugs
    Giò

    SvaraRadera
  6. beautiful clear bag!
    thanks for joining us at TSM challenge!
    Hugs
    Nicoletta

    SvaraRadera
  7. Wow, what a funky design. I love it!

    Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley.

    Lin xx

    SvaraRadera
  8. Congratulations, this is a work of art! You are very good! greetings from Italy

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you Robi, how sweet of you!! :)

      Radera
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the compliments!
    Butterflies are Artoz stickers. Hello to you soon.
    Robi
    Now I become one of your fans

    SvaraRadera

If you find the time to leave a wee comment I'll adore you forever!! ;) Your comments means the world to me, thank you all for sending a little love my way. :)