Pages

5 februari 2012

good times meander fold mini album

So, this is my second mini album. I'm having SO much fun making these, and it really is super easy so I recommend you to have a go at it too. :) I found a tutorial on Youtube some time ago (sadly I can't remember exactly what it was so I can't give credits, but just search for "meander mini album" and I'm sure you'll get there), and first I couldn't almost believe that it was possible to make a mini with all this space for photos and tags, using just a single sheet of 12x12 paper for the pages. Whoever came up with that idea in the beginning?? Awsome. :)
 A sneak peak at all the tags and flaps sticking out everywhere. For the cover, I tried on a design that I thought out along the way, but I'll show you a better picture of that further down.

 Lots and lots of pages. Each page is 3x3" (7.5x7.5 cm), for obvious reasons. My "photo" stamp has been very useful lately...


 The upward-facing tags. Instead of ribbons I used buttons that I thought fitted this layout better.

 Two of the pages have pockets that are open both up- and sideways. Normally, one side would be closed but I wanted to do something new and left it open. This allowed for a cute felt flower "handle" in the corner that turned out pretty nice. The punched circle in the center was spot on!


 My blooming tags. :) The first one has two felt flowers with a punched circle center, but for the second one I used a plastic flower with two circles on one side, and for the other a smaller nylon flower and a brad center.

 For one of the pockets I made a double-tag with a flap. The ball-fringe adds a cool touch, or so I thought. :)



Ok, this is a closeup of my "cover design" with the front, back and spine all in one piece. Most likely someone has already done this, but I actually haven't seen it anywhere around. I like this style much better than previous one I made (forever love mini album), it's looks more like a book this way.
For my next one (already in progress) I'll make the weak spots (i.e. the folds) stronger somehow. Maybe add tape...? I'll let you know! :)


I'm entering in the following blog challenges with this post:

DYSU - Anything goes
Aud sentiment - Anything but a card (plus sentiment)
Allsorts - Free and easy
Crafts and me - Bright colors

7 kommentarer:

  1. Så utrolig herlig. Flotte farger og flott dekorert. Tusen takk for at du deltar hos Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    SvaraRadera
  2. wow what an amazing little album it must have taken ages brilliant work. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

    SvaraRadera
  3. What a super project.

    Thanks so much for joining in our Free and Easy February at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    SvaraRadera
  4. Wow this is awesome.
    Thank you so much for entering our FREE & EASY challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    SvaraRadera
  5. Super cute mini. Love all the tags and flowers.

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    SvaraRadera
  6. Wow that look gorgeous!!!
    This is a project I would love to make myself. So I will put your blog by my favorites!
    Thanks for joining us at AUD Sentiments Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Krista
    DT AUD Sentiments Challenge
    www.kristadesign.nl

    SvaraRadera
  7. Amazing project, and such a lovely present for someone. Thank you for sharing at Aud Sentiments "Anything but a card" Challenge.

    Hugs Ali x

    SvaraRadera

If you find the time to leave a wee comment I'll adore you forever!! ;) Your comments means the world to me, thank you all for sending a little love my way. :)